Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tired Monsters and what not


Random Neural Firings:

Not a lot of energy today – can’t really tell why just flat and slow – it’s one of those order in pop in a film you’ve already seen or better yet get out a book put some music on and find yourself asleep in 11 minutes - days.

Playing the world of War Craft a bit – have several characters of the which the Dwarf Warrior (yes it’s that corny) Hodforth is the highest rank – I’m also doing the voice thing with The Enemy Below and Insect Girl – and I keep finding myself sounding a bit like Mr. Tullball the Tim Conway character from the Carol Burnett show “so look at that being attacked by the wolves yah. – could use a little help here you know” or after finding some quest items in what looked like wicker baskets “You wouldn’t think that evil trolls would be much for going on picnics but go figure” and the like. It amuses me immensely.

Recording on Saturday – going to be a long day – still not 100% on the guitar solo for “None Believes what you saw - been a bit well a lot over playing while insect girl sings – practice mostly – and remember more like BB King (the right note not a 1,000 notes) than Yingway Malmenstein (I can play faster than you) with just a touch of Buck Dharma (shard of ice to the brain) put in there.

But looking forward to the rest of it – it’s a fun group and we do manage to keep each other loose – it’s great fun really.

So we’re hoping to get our tacks down and then if we have time a quick track of “Stop Talking About Comic Books or I’ll kill you” by Ookla the Muk to send to them as a show of thanks for them letting us cover their song.

I’ve noticed that not only does the low self esteem bit not do you much good when you’re going okay – it’s actually even worse when you screw up. When I was over playing I got awfully down on my self to the point where the other’s felt they had to buck me up a bit – it was nice of them to do that but just once in my life I’d like to hear a complement without out thinking “what is a or b thinking saying that I’m a screw up” or take some criticism or even just a suggestion with out feeling “well what the hell did they expect I’m a screw up” playing in my head. Just once. Life as it is thank you.

Thinking more about Cloverfield I’m a little less horribly vehement about the film and yet am in no hurry to see it again. I’m told that there is a bit in the end where the couple what who die at the end are seen taping themselves at Coney Island and in the back round something splashes into the bay – it’s said that this is the arrival of Harry the Happy Amphibian. Maybe – I’ wait on nexflix for that .

And somebody suggested that the main characters are made intentionally annoying – well if so they did a damn good job – and why? Maybe shallow or something but dicks? Why?

And since we didn’t stick around for the end of the credits – we missed a couple of things – one a voice saying “help us” and then a burst of static and words you can’t make out. But the millions of g’nomes out in the net realized that the words were backwards and just flipped them around – and the words are “it’s still alive.”

Planning for a sequel much?

I notice that Fred Thompson (who Chris Matthews thought smelled very manly) has dropped out of the GOP race – Actually after he announced it was hard to know he was in the race.

Peace Love zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Diana Rigg – It’s been a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home