Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Busy, odd books, Robot Monster


Been pretty insane so no time for leisurely rambling – I’m stealing moments as I do this.

I had been in a bit of a slanging fight with my cable TV provider – so I just said the hell with it for a while. Then yesterday I figured well let’s get this settled now. And now per the same cable company there isn’t a problem.

Would that more of my life work like that.

Anyway between weird books for the moment – just finished the Jesus Papers which is pretty much covers the territory that was first mined by this Author in Holy Blood Holy Grail and the a lot of others as the years went by – until the publication of the Da Vinci Code – it depressed me a bit that the in the scene where the female lead is reading book titles in the guy who turns out to be the bad guy’s library, I’d actually read most of those titles.

And I didn’t think to do anything with it. As a plot device for something. I remember my dad saying after we saw the film Blue Water White Death (about a search to film a Great White Shark underwater) “you know – if you could get the right story a movie about a great white would make millions” And of course next year Jaws came out.

So what do I think? Did Jesus marry Mary Magdalene, and did Mary later move to France of one of the other variations of this tale?

How the hell should I know? While I find this interesting I do take in all with a grain of salt – I’m not really a conventional believer either but anybody who feels threatened by this or by the shroud of Turin being a fake really doesn’t have that secure a faith to begin with and has other things they need to deal with rather than getting in a twist about a book (or a movie).

Rehearsal tonight – we’ll see how we all come together the second time we’ve all played together.

Why I’m think I’m probably going to spend my twilight years alone: I was looking in J&R music world and while I was there I picked up Robot Monster. Yes that one the guy with the diving helmet and the ape costume. A horrible film that I have already seen 5 times (and god that’s so much more than anybody ever needs to – once is too many). So why did I buy it. So I have it – so if someone asks me if I have the worst movie not titled Manos and not made by Ed Wood I can say yes here it is.

I don’t know why I’m not beating women off with a stick – not that I ever would but that’s what the expression says and I’m too shagged to care.

Peace Love Ape Suits

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home