Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Busy and I'd rather be sad than bitter


Been running about like a lunatic all day – no time for even just random stuff.

Just to note – the Philly fans I have spoken to recently seem to be more interested in carping about how bad the Mets suck (something I won’t deny) than in being happy their team won. I suspect it’s what comes from rooting for the phillies through all those years of bad teams and worse management decisions and then more bad teams and more bad management decisions until your heart is full of angry bitterness. Someone once wrote how on off days Philly fans went to the airport to boo bad landings.

Makes me glad I’m a Met’s fan – better sorrow and disappointment than a heart full of hate.

So now my wish for the Philles is – Three and out – see how good that tastes after working all year to get there.

Meantime in other cheery news they are holding hearings on Blackwater. I have to say 1) about time and 2) what the hell is the US doing using mercenaries in the first place? Especially Merchs who seem to just shoot at anything that moves – and then use tax dollars to bribe people to shut up after they gunned down their father or brother or whoever. (And they also had discussions on what was the least they could play them).

Enough to make you gag it is. Especially with the tools in congress saying that the Democrats don’t like companies to do well (this is a quote from the hearing) well since 90% of the money blackwater gets is from government contracts I think it is the duty of congress to make sure they aren’t just using tax dollars as a feed bag yes? And screwing up in the process? Hmmm?

Well – more things to do showed up – end the quarter and all that.

Peace love no bitterness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home