Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Georgia on my mind and bombs


Again this will be quick – things to do

I’m not sure if the relauch of the cold war was planned by the White House - but I suspect that it was more just them being stupid and not thinking what would happen – I also notice that the Georgian army (trained by the US by the way) has distinguished itself mostly by tossing their equipment away and running as fast as they could. I don’t really blame them – they aren’t really fighting for anything but their leader’s over the top dreams and who the hell wants to die for a crazy person.

I notice that Condi Rice – who was if memory serves a Russian Expert has been missing from all this.

Just as well given her record of accomplishment.

I have noticed that the tame geeks in the American Press are trying to stir up some old cold war era panic over Russia’s next move – huge headlines stating “Which of Russia’s neighbors is next?” and what not. I expect the Fox Moive Channel to be running Red Dawn daily for a while.
But I don't think it'll work.

For one thing – I don’t think any of Russia’s neighbors are next since none of them are going to be as stupid in poking the bear with a stick like the president of Georgia was – so that won’t play out – two I don’t think 11 people in America know where the hell Georgia is in relation ship to Russia is anyway. And the best reaction I heard was “The Russian’s have invaded Georgia? Let me know when they get near Atlanta”.

My job doesn’t have that many yuks in it but we have contract with a fed agency (doesn’t matter which) and part of the contract has regulations on what to do if someone calls a bomb treat into the building. Be the instructions you are supposed to ask the caller some questions such as

“When is the bomb going to explode?””Where is the bomb?”
“What kind of bomb is it?”

You are then requested to try to keep the bomber on the line and if possible transfer him.

Right. I think by the time you got to the third question “What kind of bomb is it” the only answer you’re going to get is “The kind that blows up jackass” followed by the guy hanging up.

I remember reading back in the 70’s where there was a rash of bank robberies in New York (leading to the huge plastic walls in older banks today) Citi put out a training film on how to handle robberies including helpful suggestions like giving the robber only small bills.

The mind-boggling thing about these kinds of things are 1) someone had to write these down and 2) people had to say yes to them.

Thoughts on Issac Hayes when I get the chance.

Peace Love Listen can I put you on hold for a minute?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home