Friday, May 18, 2007

Kicking and Screaming


Well Wolfman is out at the world bank – after getting his “well you broke the rules in good faith” addendum to the report saying he broke bank rules. I think the low moment in this farce came when Wolfowitz, tying to hang onto his phony baloney job as head of the World Bank – went and blamed his lady friend for his troubles. Lottsa class there I gotta tell you.

His last day is June 30th I’m not sure why I guess they decided that that was a decent interval – I think he may not show up a lot – other wise their might be a line in the hall of people waiting for their trun to laugh in his face or slap him.

Meantime – well the whole Alberto Gonzales thing keeps getting more and crazier. In light of the weird and bizarre story Comey told of Gonzales and Andy Card coming to the hospital to try and get Ashcroft to sign off on the domestic spying program.

The really weird thing that comes out about that is, that since before going to the hospital, Ashcroft had signed over power of attorney to Comey – even if Al and Card had gotten a signature – it wouldn’t have been valid. But such niceties of the law are not the kind of thing that enters the minds of people who think storming into the hospital intensive care ward with papers they want signed is a good idea.

The dead elephant in the living room of this story is who called Mrs. Ashcroft (who had ordered that her husband get no calls) and convinced her to allow Al and Mr. Card entrance. Honestly there was only one person that could have called and had gotten that response– the president. She would have blown off anybody else but not him. Now he simply ducked the question when it was asked but if he hadn’t been the one calling even he is smart enough to say “I did not make that call” (leaving aside the question of who did for some other time). But no he didn’t do that.

And you have to wonder just what did the program involve that was so bad that John Ashcroft not want to sign off on it. I mean he was no friend of the bill of rights so for him to say No I can’t do this to something the president wanted it had to be god awful – like allowing the killing of suspects or some such. It would be nice to know what his objections were but I don’t think we will find out.

Waiting on the gig – I’m always a twitch before I go on – I get this over whelming sense of “let’s get on with it” before the set starts so I’m a flesh bag full of adrenaline when I finally get going – thank god we don’t do a slow song first.

Had to dash to Sam ash to get a bass drum pedal since the venue doesn’t’ have one – spent entirely too much time tying to wend my way around tourists – really if you all must walk side by side can you at least pick up the pace a bit? Some of us actually are on a time table here you know? I find myself saying all sorts of unkind things like “Please act as if your life had a point.” While trying to maneuver around people who really walk like they have given up and are just waiting for their existence to come to an end.

Away full gig report this weekend – promise – maybe pics too – and then Dracula AD 1972 and other movie horrors. One movie is Called The Girl from Rio. And is discribe thus by Netflix – “When the stunning but evil, Sumitra arrives in Rio de Janeiro, she has only one thing on her mind: enslaving all men to bend to the will of her force of bisexual, warrior women!” First I’d like to say I’m not sure how this is evil exactly, and two things like that don’t happen to me, at the most I get people sticking chinese food take out menus in my mailbox.

Peace Love Bisexual warrior women


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home