Monday, June 09, 2008

To hot to Blog, Mets, Lizards, and what goes on in Antarctica?


Really too hot to blog but

1) I would like to declare an end to “How the Met’s have turned it around” stories – every time they run the team drops 3-4 games in a row to dip back under .500.

Really – the team has played 60 games now – I don’t know what to do but this line up isn’t going to get the job done – for whatever reason. The team could well be out of it by the all star break.

Ouch.

2) Next year we go to euro Disney – in the news one reads of a group of divers from Europe (3 from England, one from Sweden and one from France) fell off of their boat and drifted for some 10 hours (and where was the captain of the boat one wonders “let’s see just how many folks did we have starting this trip’ you have to wonder) and finally wash up on an island.

The trouble is that the island they washed up on was one of two homes of the Komodo dragon – the world’s largest living lizard (8-10 feet) – who have been known to eat the odd tourist or two. After a close contact with one of the lizards – which they said they drove off with sticks and rocks and the like – they were rescued and damn glad of it I’ll bet.

3) As summer approaches here – the long Antarctic night is about to begin – and the scientific stations like McMurdo reduce their staff from over a 1,000 to 125. However it seems that the remaining staff will be busy – at least during off hours – one of the last shipments that came to McMurdo was a package of 16,500 condoms. (That’s 132 per person).

I’m not by nature a jealous man – no that’s not right I’m pretty damn jealous of lots of things if I’m honest with myself. Still. It irks me no end that folks in ANTARCTICA are getting more than me.

4) I’d do more – but it’s too damn hot.

Peace love – come to the next gig!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home