Monday, June 02, 2008

Thank you Friends, Fans, Bandmates and Brooklyn


Well this will have to be quick – it’s the end of the month and all that.

First thank you thank you thank you all for coming Saturday Night – it was great to be able to play for all of you – and to do silly things on stage. Hope you all had a good time and thanks again to all the new fans and to Alfosno, Laura Ault, Black and White Cookies and Total Quality Institute for great music as well. Thanks also to the Southpaw staff who were just fantastic given the large number of acts they had to deal with.

I expect that we will get some pics up soon – including those that I will never be able to live down – yes the whole tearing off my shirt thing.

Hell it could have been worse, at first there was a talk about me wearing gold colored shorts as well (at which I drew the line).

And had I not sweated like a draft horse I would have had on real pasties not the stickers although in retrospect the stickers were probably funnier.

Feeling a little flat right now – I guess just because we worked so damn hard on this one and things went well – so everybody told me – personally I need to hit the gym more as that jumping about still has me out of breath.

And I want to thank the band – The Enemy Below, Insect Girl, Trafalgar (like the Square) Mistress B, S-Dog, and the one and only The Dude – you have made me feel like the luckiest man on the face of the earth. (Hat tip to Lou Gehrig – it’s too bad folks just think about more his disease than who he was) I can remember years and years of doing open mikes and gigs as a solo act but not getting anywhere – and getting stared at open mikes and dealing with the total lack of interest from various clubs and song writing circles and what not. Now – Now I’m in the best band in New York, We have a CD and I’m in Brooklyn ripping my shirt off.
Old Brooklyn Doger Pic - couldn't resist.

Peace Love thank you Brookyn, thank you all again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home