Friday, December 21, 2007

Staring at the clock and Solos


We have gone from madness to deadness – the phone isn’t ringing – the fax isn’t faxing the e-mails aren’t mailing – it’s like the rest of the company has been raptured or something.

All I want to do now is go home, take a nap and then play my guitar for a bit and then city of heroes – tomorrow I’ll finish shopping and all that stuff like things.

Can’t say I’m really in the holiday spirit at this moment. I don’t see too many people who are – unless holiday spirit this year means running through the stores and clawing at sweaters on sale like rats in a death cage.

For which I blame the war on Christmas crowd – with folks now worried that they are going to get some kind of rabid foam at the mouth diatribe that they have just decided to dispense with the greetings entirely.

Meantime I see that some stores for example Macy’s and Old Navy are going to stay open 24 hours a day for the last few days before Christmas.

WTF? This has the smell of desperation here – while it’s not good to use anecdotal evidence every store near where I work is selling things at a deep discount – well not the stores selling guitar hero but everybody else clothes especially. I don’t see how this is going to generate more for the store – but who knows maybe the total wasted at 3 am crowd is willing to get socks as they go home - who knows.

Well just as I say things are dead – the damn wires start ringing with paper work. I promise I’ll get to the Baron of Terror and his two foot tongue and the rest as soon as I can.

Anyway in band notes I’m going to be playing my strat on stage for the first time like ever – while I grew up doing weird air guitar jimmy page things while listening to zep and the like – when performing I’ve been strictly rhythm and strictly acoustic so this is making me a bit nervous – in two ways – on that what I’ll play will suck eggs and more worrisome to me is that I catch a bad case of Nigel Tuffness disease and just keep wanking on the damn guitar long after anybody has lost interest (while sucking eggs).

I do take some comfort in the fact that John Coltrane had problems ending his solos too – to which Miles Davis is reported to have said “take the damn horn out of your mouth”

Miles wasn’t much for cosmic.

Peace Love long wanking solos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home