Monday, June 30, 2008

Gig and short notes.


Had a good if not as well attended as we would like set at Sullivan – but it was still great great fun. One thing we have noticed over time is that sound guys and bartenders just love our stuff - this time there was also a light guy and they both came up to us to say how much they liked it. The crowd seemed into it by the end as well so as a friend of mine used to day ‘bit by bit’.

Saw part of “High Fidelity” this weekend before the Euro 2008 (is it really 2008 – I’m having a bit of trouble with that date for some reason – it’s like yesterday was 2001 or 02 – the intervening time seems a bit of a blur. Product of age one suspects).

Anyway – there was a time where I though Rogers Hornsby had written my life – between High Fidelity and Fever Pitch that is. Now as I think about it not so much – yeah I still have the music and sports obsessions (linked with a World of War craft habit that has me on the geek watch list) – but I’m doing things in my life that I’ve always wanted to do – no not the tassels – and that gives me a leg up on these poor bastards – yeah they are getting more than I am but that’s because it’s fiction and not real life and guys not getting any is kinda boring.

Met fans are happy that Good Perez showed up yesterday – still it’s a mark of how things have changed that the Cubs-White Sox game was the Sunday night game not Mets’ Yankees. (and you think Mets and Yankee fans have problems with each other – it doesn’t come anywhere near the loathing Cubs and White Sox fans have for each other)

Wish I could write more – I’m in that mood but – it’s the end of the month so this will have to do. I wish I could deal with the whole fainting bit the press is having about Clarke saying he wasn’t sure what crashing one’s plane has to do with being president. It’s going to be a long election year and by the by expect this gibberish to continue if Obama wins.

Also saw “The Cars That Ate Paris”very very odd film from Australia – the Paris of the title is in Australia. The director was Peter Weir who is more famous for Dead Poets Society and Picnic at Hanging Rock – more later.

Peace love Top 5 lists

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home