Thursday, February 22, 2007

Gigs and Sheep


Okay here are the details on the gig – we will playing Thursday March 15th at 9 pm at the Waltz Astoria – the coffee shop we’ve done open mikes from time to time at. There will be a $7 minimum. The address is 23-14 Ditmars Boulevard Astoria, New York 11105
And the phone is 718.95.MUSIC.

This will be a bit different from our regular sets – the place is a bit more intimate and if we did the typical jumping around we do under normal circumstances we be whacking someone in the head with a guitar. So what we plan on doing is a bit more laid back – we’ll be sitting I think, along with talking a bit about the back story of some of the songs. I can promise you that they won’t be as boring as most of the back stories for songs are – you know like the things you get from Tom The Folksinger: “I broke up with my girlfriend and I started missing my home so I tried to go back but they wouldn’t let me on the bus without a ticket so I had to try and hitchhike and by the time I got to my home I realized I had gotten the name of the town wrong and well then I had to work for a couple weeks at the pizza place – at first I did delivery but I kept getting lost and then I would eat the pizzas cause you can starve if you don’t eat like every few days or so they made a busboy and the only pizza I got to eat was the stuff people didn’t wanna finish like the crust or maybe a broccoli pizza slice and why anybody would want a pizza with broccoli on it I don’t know but they fired me cause it was creeping the customers out cause I would hang around by them asking them if they were finished with that and the stuffing it in my mouth cause well I was hungry – the guy who ran the pizza place always ate Chinese food which I thought was bogus cause you got a pizza joint why not eat pizza – but after I was fired I had to hick hike back to New York and the pizza’s better here anyway and I was sitting in pizza place when this girl I knew walked in and I said hi and she said hi and we were talking until I said “Ohh I wanna bang you so bad” which I thought I was thinking but it turns out I was saying it out loud and she shoved a hot piece of pizza with pepperoni into my face and left, leaving me sitting there with burns and slice of pizza on my face and I found myself thinking – can I eat this? I didn’t pay for it but I don’t think she wants it and I realized then I had to make a decision – so I wrote this song call decisions.

“Decisions are the things you make; love is the thing you bake”

And the sound of folks using the handles of plastic forks and spoons to puncture their ear drums and the subsequent screams of pain overwhelms the singer.

We promise to be more to the point.

It’s ten years that they announced that Dolly the sheep had been cloned - which eventually led to our president (I think the same year he proposed going to Mars –and where the hell did that idea go? I don’t even think it’s in the budget anymore) to fulminate against Human-Animal Hybrids – leading even the mainstream press to wonder what the hell he was talking about.


Well busy at work again.

Peace, Love, wool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home