Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Counting Down


The days until the Enemy Below gets married and we get booed off the stage in Florida (not in that order). Still I want to get tossed off the stage for the right reason, i.e. that we completely blow their tiny little minds, not because we were bad.

Meantime – it looks like the Bomb in North Korea has finally taken the heat off of the GOP Congress. And I get the uneasy feeling that the President’s reaction to this news will be to bomb Iran:

Cheney (on speakerphone): I tell you it’s perfect it’ll take both the pages and North Korea off the news. And you get to bomb more.
W: Bomb! Bomb! Bomb them bastards in the press. Write bad things about me. I have to read them. Hurts my head. Bomb them. Bomb the Press.
Aide: No sir, not the press, Iran
W: Same difference
Adie: (sighs) In your mind yes
Kissinger: Did I ever tell you I once f#ked Jill Saint John?
Aide: Yes you did sir, more than once – highlight of you life I presume. Now do you have anything useful to add to the conversation before I put the monkey away for his nap?
Kissinger: I don’t like your tone of voice.
Aide: I’m not fond of it either sir, but in order maintain sanity in this madhouse, I’ve had to resort to crude sarcasm, which the monkey doesn’t get.
W: Sleepy. Hate this thinking. Hard work. Where’s Rice?
Adie: She’s away sir.
W: Bring her back, need Rice (giggles) cause you know, once you go black (giggles again)
Adie: As you say sir. You go on to bed; I’ll be by with a banana shortly
(W leaves – there is a pause broken only by Kissinger’s snoring)
Cheney: So is the monkey gone?
Aide: Yes sir, now which Secretary would you like to browbeat today?

Ah the horrible fantasies come easy to me these days. It makes one want to tear the tops off of several Ballantine Ale Tall boys and drink until you wake up on the floor with a pounding head, covered in vomit. Then at least for a moment you wouldn’t be so worried about the madmen running the government.

We have a new gig at Otto’s- Friday December 8th at 8 pm – since we’re the first band on we should be able to start on time, unless well Godzilla and the Smog Monster start fighting near Union Square..

Speaking of them, I have the DVD of said Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster – andit's pretty goodd for what it is, an early 70’s Godzilla film aimed at kids – although how kids were supposed to react to scenes where the smog monster’s caustic smoke reduces people to skeletons is problematic. It was the environmentally conscious Godzilla film (god help us).

The DVD has a lot of features but what it doesn’t have alas is the English language version of the title song. I only heard it once in the movie theater, the old Sands Point Theater – now something else, which featured kiddy aimed matinee’s every Saturday, but I can still hear the title song word it in my head –

“Save the earth”
“Save the Earth”
“We’re the solution to air pollution’
‘Save the earth”

Over and over again it went. The Japanese language version isn’t nearly as annoying. (Why do I want to hear the annoying one? Why do I watch Manos the Hands of Fate? – Hell I have a recording of the Mothra song on I-pod. Unimportant trivial note – the original mothra song was in Malaysian to make it sound exotic to Japanese listeners).

So every now and then I search out for a recording of that song, which, when I find I’ll put in list along with Leonard Nimoy’s version of “I had a hammer” and William Shatner’s frankly completely insane reading of “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” as reasons you shouldn’t take drugs.

Picture is of the one and only Diana Rigg – cause the news has been ugly enough.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home