Tuesday, January 20, 2009

quick notes on the day


More tomorrow – but a few impressions:

Wow that was a lot of people. Haven’t seen that big a crowd like well ever. 2 million is the number heard – I would believe it.

W looked like he couldn’t wait to get the hell out of there and slip into a warm scotch. Especially with Obama spending half his speech saying just how fucked-up everything was and that our commitment to the rule of law was more important than our military might.

I have read that the crowd sang sha na na sha na na na – hey hey good bye to W and his wife when they took off in the helicopter afterwards. On side note Laura looked like she was wearing some kind of sofa fabric – but to her credit did not looked as zonked to the gills on happy pills as she has in the past.

It was a nice speech – while Obama didn’t announce that both W and Dick were being turned over to The Hague for trial it was still a nice speech. It was about hope in the bad times not about screwing someone else and calling it the American way. I’m a sucker for this kind of idealism so I did tear up a bit.

Trying to figure out a song on computer dating – not there yet – my problem with the while thing is that I’m never too hip on the women who find me interesting – figuring like Groucho I don’t want to be in any club that would have me as a member.

Anyway – it’s finally over and no matter the trails ahead – the human disaster is gone.

Peace love a new day dawns

Miss Rigg - it's been a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home