Thursday, October 19, 2006

PACKING HEAVY


So my plan to get a decent night’s sleep last night was completely destroyed by the Mets. Short version – I was so wired by the end of the game I didn’t get to sleep until about 2. I wasn’t feeling that hot before that, so today I’m part Zombie – but as Warren Zevon sang, I’ll sleep when I’m dead.

So the project for tonight is packing – I pack heavy under normal circumstances but this is the first time I’ve been going to a wedding, a rehearsal dinner and a gig. What worries me is the gig stuff especially the Alien mask and the Wrestling mask. The world being what it is, if my stuff is opened as a random search, no way could I explain them without sounding like a crazy person.

“This mask”
‘The Alien mask?”
“Yes, why did you pack this?”
‘I use it in the act.”
A pause here
“The act.’
‘Yes, my band mate wears it while I sing’
“For the entire act?”
‘No just the one song.”
“And that song is?”
“Ah….you want the title?”
“Yes.”
“The title is ‘You must not surrender to the Alien Agenda.”
Very long pause here.
‘I see’
“It’s a joke.”
“A joke. You know satire. The song’s a protest song about alien abductions.”
‘I see.”
Long pause here. The Airport security guard puts the alien mask down and picks up the Wrestling mask
“And this other mask/’
‘It’s a Mexican wrestling mask, you know Lucha Libre, and actually that is the Blue Demon’s mask”
“The Blue Demon.” pause “And your band mate wears this as well?”
“No I do.’
“While you sing.’
‘Well he does most of the singing on that song”
‘And that song is”
‘I’m sorry’
“I want to know the name of the song.’
‘Yes, it’s ‘I’m Sorry’’
‘Yes?”
‘I’m sorry I ate your brain”
Another pause here.
“I thought as much sir; I think you need to come with me.”

Horrible fantasies just come so easily these days.

Speaking of horrible fantasies the weather tomorrow looks like it is going to suck. I’m a rotten flier when it’s crystal clear – this is not making me happy. Well I can let it ruin my day and my flight or I can just assume that since millions of people fly every day even in bad weather and that airline pilots are not as a group suicidal risk takers – I’m going to be fine. And if not, well I won’t have to sweat the credit card debt anymore.

Random Neural Firings;

I’ve been using My Space (the band has a my space account –(http://www.myspace.com/bobmuirandtheenemybelow - which has some of our songs available for listening and even down load – and pictures – no blog though – that’s here, the blog, the one you’re reading) Anyway My Space has a bit of everything – including groups for every possible deviant sexual activity on the planet. If you like having sex dressed as Yogi the Bear while a dwarf shoves radishes up your butt, there is a My Space group out there for you. It makes my fantasy life look as wild as a Methodist Minister’s. My real sex life of course has less happening in it than said Methodist Minster (all together now again: ahhhhhhhhh). But as I like to say, the first three years of celibacy are the hardest – after that, well, you just go quietly nuts and feel like you’re forgotten something and go around assuming you’ve mislaid your wallet, or your keys or that you’ve left the lights on in the Apartment. Then you start a band.

Someone stole the Mayor of New York’s Car – a Lexus. I hope the Mayor (who is a billionaire) paid for that car himself. I don’t have a problem with a billionaire buying a Lexus, I do have a problem with a billionaire Mayor using city funds to buy a Lexus.

Fall is in full swing; the leaves on the trees that line 24th Avenue and Hoyt Avenue north have turned yellow and are falling off. I swear to god they were green yesterday. It a bit they will be bare and it’ll look like they never had any green on them.

Word flying about the office is that the deal will be announced Friday – and I will be out of the office. Good.

I don’t know how much blogging I will be able to do this weekend. Have a good one yourselves.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home