Wednesday, July 19, 2006

New song in my head


Well I got a new song in my head. Woke up with the first verse in my head and the rest came while shaving. I have to write it otherwise none of the others will come as well. It's pretty sick and that for this band is saying something. Have to let The Enemy Below hear it and see what he thinks.

There are times the creative process bugs me and this is one of them. I've been blocked or felt blocked for weeks now and all of a sudden bang there is this thing floating in my head. I don't even really know how good it is to be honest. But that's not really my job, my job is to come up with the damned things. Now I know that this wouldn't have come if I hadn't been banging my head on the brick wall that was between me and my creative spark for Weeks, I just wish that wasn't the case. Dry spells make me nervous. What if I never have another idea again? says the voice of my really anoying superego that sometimes I want to strangle. And I do wonder that.

And the really funny thing is that creating is the most egoless thing that I do. Picking my clothes for the day has more for pete's sake. I'm just kind of there writing the words down.

Other notes: moved by Syd's death I listened to Pink Floyd all night last night. Lighthearted this group ain't. They are very good at gloom - and a sense of just barely contained rage and maddness. Go with your strenghts I supose.

The Diana Rigg Picture is for me. Just beautiful she was then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home