Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Solo Gig news and other nonsense



So okay – promised more stuff for the blog here it is -


Doing my first full length solo set since the band broke up on January 10th (a Thursday) at 8 pm. It will be at the Waltz Astoria (at 23-14 Ditmars Boulevard, Astoria, New York 11105) - there is a ten (10) dollar minimum for the show but they have a nice selection of beer and wines along with tea coffee food and diet crushing desserts. So if you can make it please come it’s been a while since I’ve done a solo show and yes I’m a bit nervous. Will have some new songs for your listening pleasure along with some solo versions of Bob Muir and the Enemy Below classics.



Anyway the holidays are proving their standard combo of stress and strain. It’s the end of the year at work, and I’m trying make sure I don’t forget anybody’s present while at the same time trying not to get the electric company mad at me because I haven’t paid them in a while.



I suppose like everybody in the NY NJ CT area I’m still getting over the effects of Sandy – followed up by the horror at the school in Newtown. To be honest it makes the unseemly focus on things that the Christmas advertising is shrieking about more than a bit unseemly.



I mean things are nice really but they are in the end just things – while yes I would love an explorer guitar, my world will not end without one (indeed I don’t play the eclectics much these days anyway – it’s works best in a band really) but still it would be rather rockin’



Anyway back to things – things are nice I have a lot of them but they don’t love you and they won’t listen to you when you’re down and make sure you’re eating when you’re sick. True you can love things but they will never love you back.



Only a few more days for History Channel to run their Mayan’s call for the end of the world shows before well either the world ends and we’re not here to see them anymore or it doesn’t and the market for them vanishes.



Anyway more details on the show as they come up.



And of course Music and bad movies.



Peace Love Shonen Knife

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home