Saturday, February 20, 2010

Planes, Chucky Cheese & The Green Hornet


It’s pretty oblivious that things are just going off the rails – when a guy thinks packing his light plane with improvised explosives and them ramming it into a building because the IRS are there is a good idea we’re talking serious pathology there.

Never mind that a brawl broke out in a Chucky Cheese the other day over the photo booth.

Okay now I can understand – well not understand at least have an idea of why adults would start hitting each other in a Chucky Cheese – it’s the people that just joined once the fight started that tells me we’re in a dangerous mood these days.

Going back to my Green Hornet fixation for a minute – pictures of an action figure from the film – a really expensive doll to be more precise have show up on the net – it’s rather well done and it looks like Seth Rogen in his Green Hornet get up.

And there’s the problem –Seth Rogen does not look impressive in his Green Hornet get up. Even in his action figure he’s got a chubby face and this deer in the headlight expression that well – it just looks wrong.

Hell I keep going off on this but honestly I can’t remember when I have disked the idea of film being made more – well the Avengers movie I did hate more – and for many of the same reasons – a complete lack of understanding of the character followed up by a piece of hideous miscasting. Seth as the Hornet and Uma Thuman as Emma Peel .

Now I like Uma Thurman, she’s done some good stuff and some bad stuff but she’s an interesting actress to watch but she does and did lack the bemused ironic detachment and utter British coolness that Diana Rigg brought to the part of Emma Peel in addition to her obvious intelligence and the on screen chemistry with Patrick McNee.

Not to mention that Uma looked like hell in the wig they made her wear.

Which brings us to Seth – I’ve already gone on far too much about what a hideous piece of miscasting this is but really it’s a hideous piece of miscasting. I suspect we will see his version of Inspector Clueseu in a mask.

I know I promised Fantastic Argoman but I’ve been busy.

We’ve hit a comedy open mike – The Enemy Below and myself and it was fun to get back to the holy Jesus what are these people singing about expressions on people’s faces. We’d missed that in the last few shows.

The guy who runs it loves Stacy. So he’ll be on like to hell with the rest of us when the end comes.

Okay this weekend – Argoman.

Until then be whatever

Peace Love Kato! Start the car Kato!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home